AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment & business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment & business decisions. With 1200+ employees & nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, & Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
We are delighted to offer a world-class in-house legal training contract to our inaugural trainee who will share our commitment to performing as an industry-leading, outcome-focused in-house legal team. Over the two years, you will work closely with our Legal team & internal business stakeholders to gain extensive legal & commercial experience by enabling AlphaSights to deliver services. The Legal team is a dynamic, external & internal-facing function which supports all aspects of the business across all offices, from Tokyo to San Francisco. As such, you will be a truly global legal trainee, servicing all offices & gaining the knowledge & experience that comes with working in a multi-jurisdictional environment.
Over the two year period, you will work on a broad range of matters & gain experience in:
- assisting with client requests, negotiating & drafting commercial contracts, as well as assisting with executing agreements;
- commercially-focused vendor management, including assisting with global supply chain agreements & working closely with our global procurement team;
- data privacy & GDPR matters;
- group intellectual property matters;
- developing & delivering key legal training on digital platforms to the global business on a wide range of topics including preventing insider trading, anti-bribery & corruption & more;
- working closely with an in-house compliance team;
- day-to-day tasks ranging from monitoring & maintaining playbooks, trackers & agendas to document processing tasks;
- assisting with legal research & internal policy drafting;
- drafting & assisting with any potential contentious issues; and
- working closely with paralegals, with potential opportunity to lead, manage & delegate certain tasks.
As our inaugural legal trainee, we are looking for someone who is committed to a career in-house & would like to qualify into a high-performance team, have real impact & be part of AlphaSights growth story. You will be trained by lawyers with strong credentials from a range of well known Big Law firms but we will provide you with autonomy & independence in your day-to-day work & give you the opportunity to be a self-starter. In order to fulfil SRA litigation requirements, we will either send you to an SRA-approved litigation course or arrange a secondment with a partner firm.
What we look for
- Self-confidence ability to thrive in a dynamic & fast-moving environment
- An execution-focused mindset inner drive to push forward with tasks & ensure timely & satisfactory delivery
- Agility ability to balance various workstreams at the same time
- Emotional intelligence & exceptional team playing skills ability to build relationships within the Legal team & work effectively with internal & external stakeholders
- Desire to build a career as a commercially- & strategically-minded lawyer within a business.
- Attention to detail - required to produce high quality output.
What youll need
- 2:1 BA/BS/LLB from a top university
- Ideally you will have completed the LPC (and GDL, if applicable); we will consider applicants who are completing or still have to enrol in the LPC
- Previous experience working as a paralegal is desirable (or, other experience working in a law firm or in-house or equivalent in your jurisdiction)
- Fluency in English (foreign language skills are also a plus)