The Director of Advanced Sourcing will assist the company to research future architectures & technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. Responsible for developing new supplier & new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency or quality. Work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, & project agreements are accurate & well established prior to pipelining. As Director of Advanced Sourcing, she/he will primarily work with a team of manufacturing, operations, engineering, & quality as well as technical leads where necessary in order to resolve critical issues.
- Develop new suppliers for potential incorporation into new & existing products
- Develop commercial agreements to properly reflect the expectations of project including fixed & variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, as well as test, quality, & ongoing reliability needs.
- Design & create infrastructure, virtual & experimental to prove & ensure efficiency & performance of the supply alternatives.
- Oversee the Advanced Sourcing efforts & analyze workflow, establish priorities, develop standards & set deadlines.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, & cost goals.
- Manage & lead the operations effort of developing new & adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton.
- Design & implement components using FEA/CFM or other advanced simulations tools to accelerate experimentation
- Utilize virtualization technologies, cloud computing, fabric & storage technologies & application management.
- Meet with other Directors to collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation & resolve problems, & advance new supplier or product offerings.
- Provide leadership for the Residential/Commercial/Industrial businesses, Direct all budget & capital activities advanced supplier development.
- Provide strong technical direction by evaluating & guiding Product Strategy through operational design & development.
- Ensure the best direction for the team to deliver world-class innovation from initial concept to launch with best practices & advanced development techniques.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff & management.
- Conduct analysis to ensure product safety, quality, reliability & agency compliance standards are maintained.
- Proven Leadership Strong supply management experience ready to take it to the next level in your career.
- Solid Collaboration skills working with multiple disciplines internal & external
- Strategic thinker Experienced putting together strategy for future developments; skill assessment & resource planning; knows how to prepare presentations to business leaders for approval
- Bachelors degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years engineering & operations experience
- Entrepreneurial with vision for future products
- Experience related to the following areas:
- Motor & Controls
- Extrusion, Die Casting, Plastics, Sheet Metal Operations
- Design for Manufacturing
- Use of TAM simulations in designs
- Supplier interactions & visits
- Attention to detail & possession of excellent problem solving & organizational skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving.We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.