ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Growth Marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven, & creative thinkers who drive growth & engagement across all TheSkimms platforms & products. The Growth Marketing Associate will be a vital member of our Growth Marketing team, helping support internal promotions to our newsletter audiences, email/lifecycle communications, & other owned audience marketing.
The Growth Marketing Associate will report to the Senior Manager of Lifecycle Marketing. Were looking for someone digital-savvy, with great writing skills & a deep interest in digital media & marketing technology platforms. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has exceptional attention to detail, & strong communication skills.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Manage & execute against our internal newsletter promotions reservation calendar on behalf of the marketing team, coordinating closely with Editorial & collaborating with Design, Sales, Brand, & Growth Marketing teams.
- Execute email campaigns, inclusive of email copywriting, template creation & editing, scheduling, & deploying campaigns.
- Support all lifecycle communications (app notifications, SMS, etc.) for the promotion of our products & larger campaigns.
- Coordinate with Brand Marketing, Design, Content teams to implement dedicated email promotion of our products & campaigns.
- Other tasks as assigned in support of growth marketing efforts.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Strong interest and/or some experience in digital marketing
- Interest & skill in copywriting
- Interest in marketing analytics, reporting, & supporting efforts to use data to make better marketing decisions
- Passion for theSkimm's brand & products
- Experience with email service providers, SMS platforms, or other messaging platforms is a big plus!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.