All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
The Finance & Strategy teams mission is to inform better strategic decisions through rigorous planning & analysis. We believe in using data to inform decisions, & we work hard to help influence every important decision at the company. Our business partners trust us because we consistently deliver quality recommendations supported by accurate & detailed analysis. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance & Strategy.
- Business partner for multiple departments, providing key analytics & decision support across the organization, building internal trust to help ensure cross-functional alignment
- Own revenue & COGS forecasting, including detailed daily retail model & monthly cohort-based modeling
- Support organizational efforts around goal setting & budgeting, including our annual strategic planning process & quarterly reforecasts
- Produce & manage critical daily, weekly, monthly, & quarterly reporting internally to senior management & department managers & externally to vendors & investors
- Prepare discussion materials for meetings with the Board, investors, & key partners
- Support & action ad-hoc queries from management & business initiatives & make recommendations to the executive team
- Work hand-in-hand with accounting counterparts to support monthly financial close process & variance analyses + commentary (performance vs. YoY & Forecast)
- Support corporate development efforts including investor diligence & correspondence, debt & equity capital fundraising, & potential strategic partnership opportunities
- Extreme focus, diligence & organizational excellence
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Private Equity); start-up or eCommerce experience a plus
- Differentiated ability to present & communicate financial information & analysis
- Strong technical skills & the ability to adapt to new information systems
- NetSuite experience a plus, SQL familiarity & skills preferred
- A strong work ethic with high integrity & ethical standards
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving & constantly evolving high growth environment
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!
Check Boxed out here! For CA residents, see our CCPA Policy.