Away is seeking a seasoned Digital Product Manager to help us transform how customers explore & shop our products. The right candidate will combine their E-commerce experience, strong business acumen, creativity & technical understanding to collaborate with stakeholders & the delivery team to craft delightful digital experiences that drive conversion.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to product strategy & vision, roadmaps, & drive product development from conceptualization, design, development, to launch
- Present product strategies to key stakeholders & executives to build organizational alignment & support for your roadmap
- Maintain & prioritize the product backlog, including gathering requirements, writing user stories & acceptance criteria
- Work in conjunction with Engineering, UX, & key stakeholders like Creative, Ecommerce, Brand & Merchandising teams to create cohesive & engaging user experiences & the systems that support them
- Balance customer & business needs, while remaining flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Analyze user behavior via data/analytics & identify opportunities for funnel conversion improvements
- Develop A/B testing hypotheses & plans to validate & evaluate product performance
- Incorporate quantitative & qualitative data into product decision making
- Define & track metrics to assess success & failure of projects, while ensuring the team & stakeholders are aligned on goals.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, & products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
Who you are:
- An advocate for the customer & their experience on our site, leveraging data & research to ensure we are addressing their needs & solving their problems
- A people person; adept at reading people & empathizing with our users
- Nimble & flexible; happy to work with a range of timelines & pivot when things dont go as planned
- Youre a self starter that is resourceful & able to act autonomously, with no fear of getting your hands dirty or to be the first to tackle a challenge
- A storyteller that can present a compelling narrative
- Someone who can communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Someone who is proud of their past launches & the customer & business impact they had
- A successful & respected leader of small to large launches
- 5+ years of professional digital product management experience
- 3+ years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products & platforms
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiar with analytics tools & how to use them to surface valuable insights
- Experience working on projects with operational dependencies & multiple key stakeholders
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, such as Solidus, Spree, Shopify, or Magento
- Experience with content management platforms, such as Contentful
- Experience working at a growth stage company
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, JIRA, Figma
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.