Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role is an individual contributor at an advanced support staff level & is responsible for applying independent judgment in resolving issues & making recommendations. The Client Readiness group is tasked to build & manage a variety of enterprise implementation projects for Visa issuers, acquirers, processors & merchants.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for the Client Support division's multiple support groups for customer impacting initiatives.
- Analyzes & assesses all initiatives that may impact clients from a business operations perspective including changes to current products, implementations of new products & the bi-annual business release technical letters.
- Implements methodologies for analyzing changes, identifying impacts, communicating potential impacts to Client Support staff including populating internal knowledge bases.
- Performs all Client Support post-project analysis to identify customer trends & actions to prevent future customer impacts.
- Liaisons with product offices to identify support or implementation gaps prior to product rollouts & assist in resolution of those gaps.
- Performs new product/support impact assessments required to ensure overall effectiveness of the entire support organization
- The role also requires significant interaction & subject matter expertise in a number of broad areas with unique requirements across the globe (e.g. Product variations, Business Enhancement support practices, Tools, Training etc.)
- Executes plans & provides guidance to Client Support Staff to achieve Client Support Readiness & Client Support Operations' goals with minimal direction.
- Coordinate & influence internal Visa resources to ensure delivery on commitments.
- Develops & implements strategic proposals using their background of expert-level Visa knowledge & judgment to adjust as necessary.
- Responsible for own work flow assignments & must be able to take the initiative to resolve problems & meet deadlines.
- Liaison with product offices to identify support or implementation gaps prior to product rollouts & assist in resolution of those gaps.
- Available to travel 20% of the time or as needed to support business needs.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas of VisaNet processing, gained through years of experience supporting clients & managing change.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information & apply to business solutions.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, & manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated success in customer relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, & ability to effectively prioritize & multi-task under deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills & proven abilities in negotiating with & influencing customers & staff at all levels.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Excellent time management, organization, & planning skills are essential.
- Project management skills are preferred but certification is not required.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.