About Noodle Partners
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees & 35% of graduate-level certificates & degrees. Its also getting increasingly competitive, as more & better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically & elegantly, creating programs that students cant wait to tell their friends about & that their professors want to teach.
Noodle Partners helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, & joy. Thats why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined.
We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, & random experts. We know that online learning has the potential to transform higher education. If youre a fellow traveler, come join us!
- Beautiful office space in Edtech Factory off Union Square
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, & bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees & dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
- Fully stocked break room with snacks & drinks
In your role as Senior DevOps engineer, youll lead the DevOps team in building world-class infrastructure environments. You will test-and-iterate, secure, automate & properly scale systems for rapid growth. You will create & document workflows for automation tools to support the software development lifecycle.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer of NoodlePartners. You are expected to interface with the internal development, product teams, & actively communicates with users & stakeholders to keep all members informed, accountable, & clear on expectations.
Responsibilities & Duties
As a Senior DevOps engineer, you will work closely with the engineering & operations teams to create world-class products. You care about delivering quality & secure services in a timely manner. We looking for experience & expertise in most of the following:
- Fluency with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, including networking, server management, & information security, & the ability to provide hands-on support
- Designing & architecting high availability & auto-scalable solutions
- Implementing a disaster recovery & business continuity plans
- Securing & monitoring complex public internet-facing enterprise systems
Qualifications & Skills
- OS: Ubuntu, Microsoft Server
- Scripting languages: Python, shell programming
- Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, AWS Opsworks, AWS CLI
- Continuous Integration & deployment experience with Jenkins, TravisCI, Code Climate
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, Cloudtrail, GuardDuty
- Experience using different Security tools such as Qualys, Alertlogic, SonarQube, Synk
- Database machine administration knowledge & experience to install, patching, user management with Relational Databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL & NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Cloud Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Ganglia, Kibana, Carbon, Graphite
- Experience with Active Directory setup & configuration, as well as a strong foundation in other directory service technologies including LDAP, DNS, SSO, & ADFS
- B.S./B.A. required
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) certification is a huge bonus
- 3+ years of software implementation or customer success expertise
- Passion for education & creating compelling online learning experiences
- Familiarity with a wide array of system security-related technologies, in particular, threat detection & security inspection engines
- An ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders at universities & providers across their administrative & technical units
- Love of standardizing processes including testing, building, & documenting the necessary steps for deploying technologies, illustrating workflows, resolving escalated issues, & utilizing support tools
- Experience managing third-party technology partners & integrating systems
- A strong track record of hitting goals
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to train colleagues on best application of learning technologies to achieve program & course outcomes
- A can-do attitude this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- Proven ability to organize & coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with associated deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment & build relationships with internal & external organizations
Please apply to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking to you about joining the team.