Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of the lead engineer is to be a technical leader in the SDK Unity development team in defining & implementing the Unity 3D interface for Magic Leap's SDK offering. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter & able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Lead the design & architecture of the SDK Unity SDK offering.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders & Unity team lead using the SDK, Unity 3D & associated tools.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot & resolve software defects & other technical issues
- Act as a mentor for Unity team developers.
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in the SDK Unity 3D team.
- 5 to 10 years of extensive experience working on software products
- 5 years extensive experience working with Unity 3D engine & have source code experience
- Experience working in engineering teams in an agile & dynamic environment
- Extensive experience working with developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers etc
- Strong functional & automated testing, test strategy & planning & development experience
- Experience with mobile software development a plus
- Experience building Game Engines is nice to have
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.