--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based out of our DC office, or remotely within the United States. We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Reporting to the Sr Director of Sales & Customer Success Enablement, the Sales Enablement Senior Manager, Public Sector will lead all aspects of field enablement for Dataminr Public Sector sales roles globally, including onboarding, ongoing education, product training, sales process, sales skills & other curriculums across the Public Sector organization. The Sales Enablement Manager will deliver personalized curricula to sales teams, will work with sales & product leadership to evaluate team members on knowledge of product, services, & ability to deliver information & value. Must be forward thinking, a strategic planner, & have a passion for training & enablement.
This is a new role in the Sales Operation & Enablement Organization. You will be able to shape the role, influence others & apply your knowledge, experience & best practices to drive sales enablement programs for the Public Sector team & Dataminrs First Alert product.
- Drive & enhance the existing process of enablement & learning within the Public Sector Line of Business to increase sales productivity & support transformation of the sales organization.
- Adapt New Hire Onboarding to the enablement needs & legal requirement of the Public Sector.
- Be knowledgeable about Public Sector buyer personas, understand how they buy & their buying criteria & transfer that knowledge to sales enablement initiatives.
- Analyze performance & skill set of sales teams with sales leadership to determine needs for additional training & growth.
- Manage continuing education development of sales teams (Sales Development, Account Executives & Account Managers) ; support initiatives for Customer Success teams.
- Work with cross functional leadership - product management, marketing, sales operations & sales enablement colleagues to design, develop, deliver & maintain blended curriculums on product positioning, product direction, product messaging strategies, sales tools, sales plays & plans that optimize technical knowledge.
- Assist with First Alert product education around new features, functionality, & enhancements surrounding product launches to incorporate marketing strategy into enablement curriculum.
- Contribute to educational aspect & content preparation around key sales enablement initiatives: sales certification, Sales Kickoff, Demos, & other training interventions as needed.
- Assist in the development of the master plan & calendar for sales enablement activities throughout the year.
- Measure & report on business impact of enablement programs.
- As an individual contributor, be an integral member of the sales enablement team.
- Collaborate in the design, development & deployment of Global Sales Enablement initiatives targeting all of Dataminr customer-facing roles & Line of Businesses.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of combined sales enablement, direct sales, and/or project management experience at a SaaS or tech company.
- US & International Public Sector Expertise of selling and/or developing enablement solutions & programs in a fast moving environment is a must.
- Track record of developing sales training programs, processes, & methodology that are unique to the multiple Public Sector needs & requirements (Federal, Civilian, State & Local & International).
- Proven experience in designing & delivering blended-learning sales enablement programs, as well as familiarity with key sales skills: value selling, sales process, leadership development, sales coaching, sales negotiations, presentation skills.
- Sound understanding of all stages of the sales process, from lead generation, deal maturation & post sales phases.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with leadership teams.
- Understanding of Sales Methodologies (Miller Heiman, Challenger, etc.)
- Experience with Sales Productivity tools: Salesforce, Clari, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SaleLoft or similar
- Fully proficient in LMS (WorkRamp or similar) & content authoring tools.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail; comfortable managing competing priorities & working under tight deadlines & under pressure.
- The capability to balance between thinking strategically & tactically with innate ability to execute projects.
- Excellent communication skills & experience writing, editing, & presenting to multiple levels of an organization.
- Previous experience in SaaS sales in a quota carrying role & the ability to understand the challenges that the sales teams encounter daily is a bonus.
- Experience working in an environment with regulations around confidentiality, privacy & security of protected data is a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.