As a Recipe Editor, you will be a driving force behind the key ingredient for our recipes success: the recipe cards, which serve as the guiding manual for our customers cooking experience. You will be responsible for working closely with all of our chefs to translate their recipe vision into clear, concise language, while maintaining Plateds brand voice throughout.
This is a unique opportunity to style recipes as accompanied by a physical product, requiring critical considerations across several categories such as ingredient procurement, packaging, & marketing. In this role, youll gain substantial culinary insights from our creative, deeply knowledgeable culinary team, while having access behind the scenes of a fast-paced Test Kitchen.
What Youll be Doing
- Edit recipes throughout their development for clarity, consistency, & style.
- Work with chefs in our Test Kitchen to surface queries, gain deeper understanding of the recipes, & develop standardized language.
- Write Culinary copy for recipes as well as our website, such as recipe tips, blog posts, & recipe stories.
- Act as a liaison between Culinary & Marketing for shareable kitchen content, & between Culinary & the Customer Experience team to address customers recipe questions.
- Help maintain our ingredient data in coordination with our Operations team.
- Work cross-functionally to maintain the Culinary vision & brand positioning in new features or products.
What You Bring to the Table
- 1-2 years editing experience.
- A BA (English, Communications, Journalism preferred)
- An interest in food & cooking.
- Writing & media experience preferred.
- Comfortable working within a CMS platform.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with equal ability to work within a team as well as work independently.
- Organized & able to prioritize & manage your own workflow
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.