Senior Operations Manager
Jet.com, a subsidiary of Walmart ecommerce is seeking an experienced associate for our fast-paced Fulfillment Center in Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate has led a large, high-volume warehouse distribution/fulfillment center operation & has a progressive track record of driving operational efficiency & results. Exceptional interpersonal team leadership skills are essential as youll oversee a staff of hourly associates & up to five Operations Managers.
The Senior Ops will work with the Director/General Manager to lead & champion daily operations, quality, safety, & team development in our Bronx, NY Fulfillment Center as well as locally supported satellite facilities. This leader will be capable of leading Jets Bronx, NY team today & scale to meet our vision for 2020 & beyond.
What we are looking for:
- Bridges execution & strategy development, translates the functional strategy into functional and/or team goals, independently owns the roadmap for functional area and/or team, analyzes & diagnoses issues, develops recommendations to influence the functional strategy; Leverages cross-functional knowledge & partnerships to drive change.
- Trusted to make tough calls, requires limited guidance, translates corporate & functional strategy into department goals & objectives, ensures team decisions are consistent with functional strategy; demonstrates advanced level thinking, creates structure for projects/programs; defines priorities for self & team.
- Champions Jet values across the organization
- Builds his/her team's business acumen, expertise & leadership skills.
- Provides feedback transparently & acts as a champion for his/her team(s), mentors those with less experience & is a peer coach to new hires.
- Positioned to drive innovation & change within his/her team or area. Understands the value of risk taking; promotes experimentation & innovation.
- Executes Jets talent strategy, holds a high bar for talent on the team, trusted to assess talent to the Senior Ops level.
- Is fully committed to upholding our high cultural bar, participates in interviews & champions the Jet & Walmart ecommerce brand & culture both internally & externally.
- Support multiple shifts & teams within the Fulfillment Center
- Ensure safe, efficient warehouse facility operations by advocating safety training & accident preparedness
- Meet or exceed volume & department productivity goals
- Have the ability to analyze & make staffing adjustments to respond to work flow
- Development & implementation of short term & long-range goals & operational plans to achieve site objectives, while maintaining & continuously improve cost-efficiency & facility performance
- Actively coach, counsel, challenge & inspire staff to facilitate growth & development
- Establish & maintain collaborative relationships across all levels & departments in order to implement strategic solutions
- Foster & reinforce a positive, collaborative environment that respects & values diversity
- Develop individuals & share positive & constructive feedback to ensure that team members understand the connection between development tools & their performance
- Support & drive daily planning & site objectives to ensure organizational consensus
- Ensure all processes execute to Jet standards of quality, efficiency & cost
- Evaluate existing operational process & identify CI opportunities to drive improved performance, cost & customer experience
- Lead entire building in the absence of the Director & participate in network-wide or company-wide activities as a representative of the site
- Champion a positive & safe work environment for all teams & maximize leadership engagement across the facility to preserve & ensure a union-free environment
- 7-10 years of related experience directly reporting to Senior Leadership
- Experience overseeing large, diverse teams of hourly associates & exempt leaders
- Strong reasoning, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret & communicate policies & procedures clearly
- Fulfillment/Distribution Center Operations or Plant Management expertise
- Excellent presentation skills
- P&L responsibility experience
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent client relationship management
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Superior project management skills
- Strong sense of urgency & ability to prioritize tasks