Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner & named to the 2022 Forbes list of America's Best Startup Employers!
The Engineering Operations (EngOps) team is a foundational team in OpenGov's R&D organization. (See R&D at OpenGov
.) With a broad charter that spans operating OpenGov's cloud infrastructure, DevOps, SRE, Security, & Quality/Release/Support workflows, among others, it serves as a foundation on which all other OpenGov products are built, tested, released, deployed, & operated in a uniform & consistent manner.
EngOps is a group of talented engineers passionate about building highly scalable & secure solutions on the public cloud using open source & other industry-standard software components (see EngOps Tech Stack
), in a setting that is fast-paced & agile. Our customers are internal to the organization. We make architectural decisions in close collaboration with them & then iterate quickly to provide high-quality platforms & solutions. A high degree of freedom & responsibility is second nature to us.
Also, see the following articles for the work that this team has been doing & where it is headed:
• Building software & managing highly available cloud infrastructure for continuous integration, automated software releases, infrastructure automation, & monitoring.
• Operating Kubernetes & Docker in production on a public cloud.
• Operating services that are foundational to the product architecture in terms of usage across multiple products, such as Kafka, Authorization/Authentication, & MongoDB.
• Building & operating software delivery (CI/CD), process automation, testing, & other tools to improve developer velocity & fuel engineering innovation.
• Leading deployment aspects related to networking (e.g. load balancing), security (e.g. TLS termination, secrets management), & scalability.
• Supporting, troubleshooting, & monitoring of production systems, including optimization to their performance, scale, utilization, & costs.
• Ensuring compliance with security frameworks such as NIST & FedRAMP.
• Experience running Kubernetes securely & at scale in production on public clouds, preferably with both Linux & Windows workloads
• Experience with AWS, Azure, & their APIs.
• Experience with API Gateway & FTP services.
• Development & administration experience in Linux environment with distributions like Debian & Ubuntu
• Programming skills in languages like Java/Nodejs/Python/Ruby.
• Demonstrable experience in creating high-performance & highly scalable services
• Deep understanding of web technologies such as HTTP, TLS, & REST & services such as Nginx & HAProxy
• Experience with tooling & systems for the build, infrastructure automation, & monitoring, such as Docker, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Artifactory, Terraform, Datadog, & Sumologic
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols & security principles at all layers of the stack from networking to applications
• Has strong verbal & written communication skills
• Exhibits a good balance between strategic direction & tactical execution
• Has a strong orientation towards delivering results incrementally
• Experience: Minimum 6+ years of industry experience with 2 years as a DevOps engineer in SaaS companies
• Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent