Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters & why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a New York-based Business Editor.
Why it Matters: This editor will oversee our growing staff covering business, markets & finance & economics. They will help guide & edit two newsletters, assist the reporters & be responsible for setting the standard for covering these topics for Axios.
Go Deeper: There is a gap in the market for smart coverage in Axios style that explains business, markets, & finance to smart, curious people. You will help us fill that gap.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- 10+ years experience covering markets, business, finance, stocks & economics
- Analytical ability to cut through the noise & make it intelligible to other people
- Management experience
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend