Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our Market P+L team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Market P&L team oversees & maximizes risk-adjusted profitability across Oscars network of hospital systems & national health provider partners.
The National P&L Partnerships team is responsible for managing the growth, profitability, risk mitigation & development of our national relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations.
The team strives to construct & continuously improve Oscars system, facility, provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
- Help manage the network construction, competitive landscape, contract terms, regulatory mandates & how these aspects impact our overall growth, profitability, & risk across our largest national relationships. You will work closely with our regional Vice Presidents & their teams to coordinate regional & national strategies across our various national partnerships.
- Craft presentation decks for C-suite engagements with our national partners
- Assist the Head of the P&L org in running the department for key cross functional asks & systems & interface with internal stakeholders to deliver P&L needs in a coherent & organized way.
- Analyze & assess quantitative & qualitative data to build & execute on initiatives & opportunities to improve the growth, profitability, & risk of your partners & your markets (e.g expansion, negotiation opportunities, harvest strategies, utilization management initiatives, etc).
- Partner with internal teams such as Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, & other regional teams to drive results for key Oscar initiatives.
- Own the face-off-strategy relationships with health system & provider partners, be accountable for managing the relationship, optimizing the contract / partnership, & serve as the point of escalation for P&L responsibilities (settlements, contract negotiations / renegotiations, etc).
- Lead resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies, & issue resolution
- Provide leverage by ranking priorities & creating decision-making frameworks & allocating critical tasks.
- Lead & guide meetings with management & partners to plan & execute projects ensuring business goals are achieved.
- Manage cross-functional initiatives, decisions, & meetings. Through this you will be trained to operate at an increasing scale, helping to understand & shape the groups goals.
- Engage with Oscar stakeholders & leaders to ensure the flow of strategic priorities & critical information about contracts, partners & markets is structured & consistent.
- Ensure our teams methods, workflows, tools, & other core infrastructure are operationally tight & continuously improving.
- Help establish a culture that enhances our people & drives ruthless execution & excellence.
Expected Travel: 30%
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- A bachelors degree.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Cross-team collaboration skills to drive a wide range of large initiatives across many stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes & workflows while prioritizing high value tasks.
- Independent, structured & critical thinking skills.
- Eagerness to build towards operational efficiency, even if that means changing the status quo.
- Analytical skills to synthesize insights from operational data & reports.
- ACA marketplace, healthcare industry, quality of care, & population health experience a plus.
In this role, you will make a big (positive) difference if you:
- Are excited by the challenges of a constantly evolving, high-growth start-up that will require you to build the tools & processes you need to do your job well.
- Enjoy managing complex processes & are comfortable with shifting priorities & deadlines.
- Have strong analytical skills, including a high degree of comfort with Microsoft Office & Google Suite, Slack & a strong giphy game.
- Have a strong sense of urgency & ownership, a bias for action, & thrive in fast paced environments.
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills, & enjoy the opportunity to present to internal & external leadership.
- Have experience interfacing with technical teams.
- Have a passion to refactor healthcare.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.