WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 250 in just over eight years.
The mission of Core Platform is to provide a unified underlying platform on top of which all member products & services will run. We are building a backbone for all technical applications at WeWork.
HardwareKits goal is to build the connective tissue needed to deliver experiences at the intersection of people, space, & technology by designing, developing, & integrating hardware & infrastructure. As Software Engineer on the Device Bridge team you will build core services to manage the full lifecycle of devices, as well as services & integrations to actuate devices & a set of APIs for other teams to control the physical space.
- Build, manage, & scale WeWorks Core Device Systems for full device lifecycle management
- Deliver high-quality code, in accordance with standard methodologies
- Integrate infrastructure with other Core Platform services to offer a cohesive product
- 4+ yrs of industry software engineering experience
- Experience building & operating large-scale distributed containerized systems (preferably Docker & Kubernetes)
- Experience developing & managing versioned APIs
Nice to have
- Exposure to serverless application technologies, microservices
- Experience with cloud computing services, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Device instrumentation / IoT experience
- Exposure to hardware development
- Real-time computing systems
- Embedded linux development
- On-premises infrastructure & deployments
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status,or disability status.