Peloton is looking for a self-motivated & passionate JD intern to support our Legal Team. In this role, you will assist Pelotons legal team in supporting our internal clients across all locations & teams on commercial transactions, member support, intellectual property, litigation, privacy, product, supply chain, marketing & other areas of an in-house legal practice. This person will conduct legal research, draft & negotiate commercial agreements, prepare legal training materials for business audiences, negotiate NDAs, & gain practical legal skills & valuable insight into the inner workings of a publicly-traded company.
- Conduct legal research on various commercial, transactional & litigation matters, employment law, intellectual property law, consumer protection law, privacy law & regulatory & compliance matters & best practices;
- Review & report on recent developments in case law or regulations issued in relation to consumer protection, product safety, privacy, trade, & intellectual property laws;
- Assist with reviewing & drafting various commercial, supply chain, marketing, software & confidentiality agreements;
- Assisting with member communications escalated to the Legal Team;
- Assist in conducting copyright & trademark diligence on proposed marketing phrases;
- Attend various business & legal team meetings & prepare meeting materials as necessary; and
- Support the legal team on other projects & initiatives as needed.
- JD candidate enrolled at & completed at least 1 academic year at an A.B.A. accredited law school
- Excellent written & verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational & research skills
- Must be a self-motivated, & creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large)
- Ability to handle sensitive & confidential company materials with discretion & to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Skilled at prioritizing & coordinating an array of tasks
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world & fitness industry
WHAT YOULL GAIN:
- EXPLORE: with this immersive, hands-on (albeit virtual) experience, you will receive an inside look at a potential career path within your chosen field
- NETWORK: throughout your internship, you will interact with a variety of teammates within your department & beyond, allowing you to form lasting professional relationships. Youll have access to all our Employee Resource Groups & Slack channels to connect with your new team members.
- GROW: You will receive many opportunities to contribute to projects & experience first-hand what we do & how we do it. We are also committed to helping you develop key skills, such as presenting & managing projects. By the end of your internship journey, youll have a better understanding of our business & the various career paths you can pursue with Peloton.
- PLAY: Live well & have fun! We believe that taking the time to play is critical. You will have opportunities to connect with -- & laugh with -- your cohort over a variety of virtual social events, instructor talks, group classes, & more.
- Apply via Handshake and/or external link on the careers page.
- Updated resume is required to be considered for the internship.
- Application Deadline is March 4, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton promotes equal employment opportunities & prohibits discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital or caregiver, or veteran status.