Software Engineering Internship - Product Offering & Growth
We are looking for passionate software engineering interns that are motivated to learn in a fast-paced environment with a highly collaborative team. You will be working closely with the Product, Design & engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define & execute on projects. This is an exciting opportunity to learn & grow with one of the fastest growing technology-first companies in New York & be part of a team that impact the bottom line & top line of the business.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is building a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries, & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The mission of Product Offerings & Growth is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, & membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Product Offerings & Growth covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility & flexibility so they stay a member for life & grow with us.
- Shorten the product to market time across WeWorks portfolio
- Drive up revenue through data-driven price optimization
- Launch tailored flexible product offerings to enterprise & mid-market members
- Improve retention & reduce unexpected churn
- Scale our contract/subscription service to accommodate future products & initiatives
- Currently in your junior year of a BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands-on skills & experience with Ruby, Python, Java or other similar OOO languages
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle
- Ability to work both independently & in groups
- Experience in Ruby/Rails, React+Redux, Postgres is a plus