At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives & breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, & even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business & have a major impact on our continued success. You will be working with a great team with supportive team leaders.
About the Job:
As a Weekend Team Lead at Rent the Runway, you will be responsible for leading & managing a team of ~15 highly motivated & enthusiastic Customer Experience Associates as well as overseeing ~15 rotating Customer Experience Associates staffed to work over the weekend. Your day to day will consistent of providing coaching & mentorship to exceed our service level goals & deliver exceptional customer experiences. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, & technology & actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution & consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with leadership to escalate & resolve issues.
This is a great role for a leader who can motivate others to reach team & individual goals. Were looking for enthusiastic, confident leaders with strong interpersonal skills & a strong work ethic. In order to succeed in this role, your team needs to be successful as well.
What Youll Do:
- Lead a team of Customer Experience Associates with a variety of experience, providing guidance, coaching, & consistent feedback
- Partner with other Team Leads to maintain department KPIs for service levels & quality, drive consistency across all teams, & provide leadership with end of shift recaps
- Establish customer-first culture & be a point of escalation for customer issues while ensuring all compliance & company policies are being met
- Problem solve real-time, pivoting based on business & customer needs
- Maintain a pulse on ongoing learning opportunities & knowledge gaps on your team to ensure adequate training of all our associates
- Take part in the interview process for potential candidates
- 5+ years in a customer-centric role
- 3+ years of management experience
- BA/BS degree preferred
- You approach work with a collaborative mindset & drive to help others succeed
- You have a proven track record of developing employees in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- You are passionate about building the brand through incredible customer experiences
Shift: Saturdays & Sundays Required
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.