ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
TheSkimm is looking for an audio producer to work across two existing podcasts & help us launch a third. The ideal candidate is a news & culture junkie & experienced audio producer who can write, produce, edit, & voice podcasts on a tight deadline. Youll work with our audio team pitching stories, fact-checking, researching & interviewing guests, producing interviews, sourcing & cutting audio, & writing concise & ready-to-read script copy.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Work across multiple weekly podcasts, with a primary focus on our upcoming pop culture podcast
- Collaborate with the team while pitching stories, booking guests, researching, fact-checking, & script writing in theSkimms brand voice - while also cutting tape & mixing audio
- Attend pitch meetings, offer editorial feedback, contribute to story generation & development
- Source audio elements, mix audio for segments
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ yrs experience as a journalist working in a newsroom setting
- 2+ yrs experience in audio production & storytelling
- Proficiency in cutting & mixing tape for audio publications
- Experience fact-checking audio scripts both before & after recordings
- Calm under pressure, able to switch gears & react to breaking news
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong journalistic judgment with a specific eye for fact-checking standards
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.