Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) is the worlds largest independent sell-side advertising platform & where the our technology solution automates the purchase & sale of digital advertising inventory for buyers & sellers & facilitates billions of transactions on a monthly basis. Publishers use Magnites technology to monetize their content across all screens & formatsincluding desktop, mobile, audio & CTV. And the world's leading agencies & brands trust Magnites platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory. Anchored in sunny Los Angeles, bustling New York City, historic London, & down under in Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM & APAC.
The Staff Accountant will support the accounting & finance teams by performing day to day accounting tasks, account analysis, & month end closing activities, with the goal of producing accurate financial statements while adhering to appropriate internal controls & meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate will possess high energy, genuine enthusiasm & be an overall team player!
What you will be doing:
- Understand underlying business & related processes as foundation for responsibilities.
- Prepare journal entries based on review of supporting reconciliations & schedules.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in the accrual process for both recurring & nonrecurring expenses.
- Process monthly bank activity journals related to line of credit, fees, & interest.
- Perform monthly bank statement reconciliations & maintain Cash Management sub-ledger for domestic accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Assets sub-ledger, including monthly FA additions, retirements, running/booking depreciation expense, & reconciliation to the GL.
- Review AP reports & general ledger detail for coding discrepancies & perform re-classes as needed.
- Maintain the Prepaid expense account & rollforward schedules.
- Perform Financial Statement fluctuation analysis & other ad hoc reviews, as needed
- Maintain adequate internal controls within the accounting processes to ensure well documented, accurate & timely financial reporting.
- Provide backup & support for senior accountant & accounting manager, as needed.
What we look for:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or Business, with minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in General Ledger accounting.
- Highly detail & deadline oriented with the ability to prioritize, focus & thrive in a high paced multi-tasking environment.
- Strong verbal & written skills along with good interpersonal & organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Motivated to learn & work hard.
- Public company experience & knowledge of internal controls preferred.
- Experience with Oracle Financials preferred
- Experience in the technology industry a plus