The Tock engineering team is looking for a senior frontend software engineer to help us build the next generation of restaurant bookings based on the proven system weve deployed everywhere from local dive bars to Alinea, The French Laundry, & Eleven Madison Park. Our engineering team was founded in 2015 by ex-Google engineers & combines FAANG team quality with the speed & personal impact of a startup. As a software engineer, you will work closely with design & product management on a team with a user-focused goal & the autonomy & authority to achieve it in ways you see fit.
This is an opportunity for you to work with world-class engineers on challenging problems while having a big impact on the hospitality industry. As a member of a small & growing team, youll help define the next stage of our companys growth.
Tock Engineering takes a fully hybrid approach to work. Qualified engineers can choose to work from our offices, from home, or a combination of the two.
Youll Get To
- Build next-generation web applications with Typescript & React that are fast & responsive using modern standards
- Tackle hard problems (e.g. design systems, responsive layout, real-time communication) that have real impact on our users
- Own features & take them from design all the way to production
- Contribute to core team culture
- Shape the evolution of a large & complex system
Who Were Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience building software. Experience being a tech-lead is a plus
- Familiarity with modern frontend technologies such as Angular, React, Next.js, yarn, pnpm, webpack, etc
- An understanding of all parts of a modern web-based application stack including frontend, backend, & production
- A self-motivated individual who:
- Works well with little direction
- Enjoys being part of a team that works & learns together
- Has excellent communication skills
- Loves making & building things as part of a growing team
- BA/BS or greater in computer science or a related field is a plus, but not required
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Backup Dependent Care
- Subscription to mindfulness app, Headspace
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built Ins Best Places to Work in 2020, 2021, & 2022
- Awarded Americas Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, & more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, & events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, & culinary event organizers run their business & how guests explore, discover, & book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.