Are you a natural problem-solver? Do you enjoy collaborating with a diverse, global team of liked-minded individuals? Is your attention to detail & ability to "get things done" your strong suit? If so - we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced AP Accountant to be based in beautiful, new office in New York NY (Financial District). The AP Accountants on our team effectively complete all payment processes, including payments to vendors, payment service providers or customers with accuracy & within a timely manner.
Who we are:
Booking.com is the planet's #1 accommodation site. Booking.com's diverse team, over 17,000 strong, is united by a single mission: To Empower People to Experience the World! Whether in NYC, or at one of our over 200 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Recording of invoices & handle a variety of activities related to invoice analysis & processing & accounting month end close.
- Process pay-outs to vendors & employees;
- Post invoices, perform related banking operations & follow up with P2P processes;
- Ensure payments are processed in a timely manner;
- Reconcile transactions with accuracy & in a timely manner, assist with the month end closing processes including ensuring AP aging remains current & old/aged items are investigated timely;
- Prepare all reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP & covering the Sox framework;
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to ensure alignment on processes & share knowledge & best practice;
- Identify & follow-up on process opportunities directly impacting daily activities within the team;
- Support with team projects for process innovation & improvements, actively test & implement new tools & software;
- Proactively maintain & develop technical knowledge in order to execute tasks effectively;
What You'll Need to Bring:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting;
- 2-3 years of accounting/finance experience with a large, global corporation.
- Excellent organizational & work management skills with the ability to manage & track multiple projects/tasks simultaneously;
- Willingness to be hands-on in any area necessary to get the job done in an efficient & effective manner;
- Experience & comfort level working in an environment requiring quick turn around & in-depth financial analysis;
- Experience with SAP ERP (FI/CO) strongly preferred;
- Able to follow detailed procedures & instructions.
- Accurate & analytical;
- Able to work under stress & with deadlines;
- Able to prioritize;
- Independent & flexible.
What you'll get in return:
- Comprehensive health & welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
- Physical Wellness Program & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Short & Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- New Parent Leave
- Transportation Allowance