Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilios Product Security Team is responsible for partnering with Engineering teams to build & deploy secure products for our complex global network. This involves maturing the Secure Development Lifecycle, training developers in secure practices, working with our automation team to scale security, & innovating new ways to help developers secure themselves.
Twilio is looking for exceptional security engineers who meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Product/ Application Security.
- Experience performing manual code reviews & penetration tests.
- Experience leading threat models for complex architectures
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building automation & tooling
- Commitment to sharing experiences & good security practices with the community.
- Bachelors degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
Bonus Points for:
- Python or other scripting knowledge
- Docker & Kubernetes knowledge
- Presenting at conferences or working on open source projects
- Telecom security experience or experience in telephony protocols
- Experience working with Bug Bounty Programs
As a Lead Product Security Engineer, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Working with security champions across engineering teams.
- Performing reviews (threat models/code reviews/pentests) against Twilios products.
- Triaging submissions from our bug bounty program & ensuring they are fixed in a timely manner.
- Design, implement, & maintain pipeline controls for source code, library, & container security.
- Build automation for security@scale.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Twilios products & services.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline & technical leadership. And thats where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 950 East Paces Ferry Road NE in the Buckhead district. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, massages, monthly All Hands & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.