Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are inspired to make technology accessible to everyone by teaching others about cloud infrastructure & software development.
The Community Developer Education team raises awareness of DigitalOcean within the broader developer community by creating approachable, high-quality learning resources on a variety of DevOps & open source topics.
We are growing & are looking to bring in new teammates interested in learning technology while providing value to our community. All members of the Developer Education team are united by an interest in helping developers, learning deeply about technology, & creating the most useful educational materials possible.
This position offers a growth opportunity for those interested in the technology industry but who may have a background in other sectors, or those who have focused on learning in the humanities, social sciences, or non-tech physical sciences.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Evaluate, edit, & rewrite existing DigitalOcean Community resources to serve developers more effectively
- Support the maintenance of the current resource library: validate & update older articles, add to current articles, identify content gaps, align older articles with current style guide
- Research technical topics to gain a working knowledge & understand best practices
- Collaborate across teams & provide thoughtful feedback to teammates
- Produce new articles on a variety of open source topics to support the developer community
- Participate in team-wide initiatives to support organizational goals
What Well Expect From You:
- Exceptional written & verbal English communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to research & understand new & unfamiliar subjects
- Strong desire to teach & communicate effectively with others
- Capability to learn new technology quickly
- Strong interest in learning about cloud computing, app deployment, & software development
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!