Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay & be paid for everyone, everywhere, the Operations & Infrastructure (O&I) group must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, & run on software-defined infrastructures. The O&I group offers an exciting opportunity to work on latest technologies where the industry is going through major innovations such as cloud computing. In essence, Infrastructure as Code.
As a New Grad, Systems Engineer in O&I, you will have an opportunity to play a key role in application life cycle. For example, building infrastructure which includes compute, storage, database & middleware, tuning environment per application need, monitoring components, compliance checks & security remediation, etc.
Some of the things you may work on as a New Grad, Systems Engineer in O&I include:
- Work in a fast paced environment while ensuring the up time of VISA's products to customers
- Opportunities to work with industry leading technology in virtualization, cloud computing & configuration automation (includes operating systems such as RHEL, Windows & cutting edge containers Docker).
- Participate in designing innovative solutions for highly secure & available environments (includes latest Database & Middleware tools such as tcServer, tomcat, IBM WebSphere, web servers, IIS, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Work with other partners in the organization such as support, development, & user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design & functionality
- Work with vendors on software upgrades & problems
- Lead problem resolution & improvement efforts
- Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, & project managers
So what are we looking for in a New Grad, Systems Engineer (Undergrad)?
- Recent or graduating students looking to start work in 2019/2020
- Pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Fundamental knowledge in information security & hardening
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Basic knowledge or experience on Windows/UNIX/Linux Server OS.
- Basic knowledge or experience on Application servers such as Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, WebLogic
- Basic knowledge or experience on web servers such as Apache, IIS, IBM IHS
- Basic experience with a scripting language such as Bash, Ksh, Csh, Perl, Python, Jython
- Analytical skills to troubleshoot issues & problem solving
- Exceptional oral & written communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) & SharePoint
- Ability to write scripts/programs to automate tasks is a plus
- Able to work with team to resolve challenging issues
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.