Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.deand www.refinery29.com/fr-fr for more information & to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have a deep commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to motivate & inspire women through their own unique power, identity, & infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibilities & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work & your attitude.
About the Team:
Our Media Solutions group is responsible for leading pre-sale by crafting robust & large scale media plans, brainstorming marketing strategies, developing strong client relationships, & creating programs for key clients. This typically begins at the receipt of the RFP but can also include proactive outreach to new & preferred clients. Media Solutions works closely with Sales, & our in-house product marketing teams to ensure each proposal is unique for our clients & more importantly, will support our mission to empower Millennial Women..
What you'll do:
- Master of the distribution opportunities on R29 & knows the most effective formats to achieve KPIs
- Builds a distribution plan that reflects our creative platform while delivering against objectives
- Direct line into ad ops to understand inventory, platform capabilities & new product development
- Looking at ad ops reports to provide recommendations on optimization
- Working with ad ops to identify new product opportunities for development based on competitive intel
- Experts in consumer habits around new media, connects with social teams to share knowledge with wider team
- Works with ad ops to identify what assets are needed from client & tracks with account management that all material is being collected & distributed correctly
- Reviews all post reports from ad ops & delivers final to account management
- Provides quarterly performance insights based on in market performance to sales & Ellyn
What you have:
- Must have digital media, integrated marketing, account management, media planning, or relevant agency or publisher experience
- Experience building out creative ideas/platforms & pricing based on Client briefs & KPI's
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines & work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build consensus among various departments to align on new solutions & problem-solve in real-time
- Exceptional communication & organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft, Google, & Apple iWorks suites including Google slides, Keynote, Excel, etc.
To be successful here, you are already:
- A trusted teammate - your employees, peers, & co-workers value your ideas & contributions.
- Willingness to learn - you are passionate about building a career in marketing & are leaning in to attend trainings & work with Account Directors to develop your skills.
- Purpose-driven - Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big & small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company & love people who have a passion to make a difference in their work.
- Self-starter - You have a vision for what needs to be done & you go about doing it & getting it done. You will not be micromanaged here. Well expect you to take full ownership of your area & your results.
- Open, collaborative & curious - this is an ever-changing company & we value people who listen & collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things.