Eaters award-winning video program is known for pulling the curtain back on the restaurant industry with engaging docustyle series showcasing the intricacies that go into prep, dishes, & running established restaurants.
The Development Producer will lead a team of producers who are focused on producing series content. The role will require an individual to juggle all the stages of production (pre through post) while futuring-planning for months ahead. Success in this role will balance creatively inspiring the team, leading with empathy, & working with leadership on big-picture planning. You are an experienced manager who understands the need to foster a creative & an exciting team dynamic while elevating our standards in production.
Eater video moves at a fast pace while keeping production quality & thoughtful storytelling at the forefront of our overall strategy. This role requires sharp attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, & a real passion for food, dining, & the people & places in the restaurant industry.
WHO WE ARE
Eater, the national food publication with outlets across North America & the UK, is at the forefront of reporting on the restaurant industry, shaping food culture with its award-winning journalism & programming, & telling people where to eat with its beloved maps & guides.
Eater is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Guide all existing series creative development & oversee 5-8 series formats & help launch new series concepts, as needed
- Manage a team of producers & oversee the pitch process for all series
- Manage our freelance producer network & seek out new opportunities, as needed
- Oversee our packaging & thumbnail process for all videos while consistently using our video analytics to inform
- Review edits prior to approval & give constructive feedback
- Balance the work & ownership of a variety of series & daily deliveries including working simultaneously on pre-production, production, & post-production
- Implement workflows for pre-production & production
- Work with Eater video management on priorities & planning for all platforms (YT, FB, OTT, IG, TT)
- Work with Eater leadership on channel strategy, ideation, & execution
- Work with various department heads on big initiatives, Eater packages, & video sponsorships
WHO YOU ARE
- 6-8 years of professional digital or TV experience (development, producing, shooting)
- Strong people management skills
- Previous development experience creating new digital series from the ground up
- Strong understanding of video analytics
- Previous talent management skills
- New creative workflows & series structures
- Experience with sponsored video concepts
- Strong video analytics background
- High-end shooting capability & excellent understanding of field production equipment/cameras (Panasonic Eva-1, Canon Cinema series, Canon 5DMKIII. 4K is a plus).
- Experience with sponsored content a plus
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, & Photoshop a strong plus
- Strong interest in all of Eater coverage areas
- A true team player who brings passion to the table
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat & see if you could be a great addition to our team. Weve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, & sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is flex. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum & maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills & experience.