THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Were seeking a Production Artist to join our talented in-house Production team. This person must behardworking, driven & meticulous. The ideal candidate should have a friendly, team-oriented attitude.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
Reporting to the Production Manager, he/she will work with the Editorial Culinary Team & the Photo
Studio Team to create, traffic, update & pre-flight weekly recipe cards. Entails:
Basic design layout & preparing files for print using Mac operating systems
Styling & attaching text; applying & creating style sheets
Helping manage art revisions & text corrections; placing FPO & hi-res art into layouts
- Upload customer facing recipe assets to companys CMS at various points during recipe card lifecycle
- Maintain digital & physical archives
- Ownership of the monthly wine booklet; laying out pages & flagging & managing any new assets thatare needed
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback, & execute
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and
- 3-5 years of production design experience
- Knowledge of print production is absolutely necessary
- Strong, clean visual design sense & solid skills in typography, layout & an excellent eye for detail
- Should be organized, flexible & able to think & work beyond the creative assignment, a problemsolver prioritize workload accordingly
- Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment & culture
- High proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign)
- Knowledge of K4 and/or Woodwing & CMS a major plus
- Enthusiasm about making incredible home cooking accessible to everyone (Blue Aprons mission)
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.