At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Product Manager, youll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, & own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each & every iteration. What is Appian? Its an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
What youll do: Prioritize, define, & ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level (we release quarterly) as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level (two weeks sprints)
- Prioritize what we should build & when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision & strategy
- Share ideas & receive feedback on new features through presentations each quarter before a new release
- Define how those features will work & look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, & usability testing
- Manage the release & sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, working with dev, & review
- Write detailed specification for stakeholders to review & provide feedback on
- Ensure successful build out of features & ensure users to be successful by tracking adoption/usage
- Drive each sprint through development, review, & testing
- See features through documentation, prioritization of bugs & enhancements, & usage analysis
- You are a curious person & an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact
- You understand what a roadmap for an enterprise software product looks like & can work with a team to guide the delivery
- You are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, & truly excited about building great product features & experiences
- You have an ability to empathize with both stakeholders & end users to make the right compromises that can deliver value
- You have sharp negotiation skills, impressive organization, & superb writing abilities
- Most importantly, you are passionate about software!
Appian Corporation is anequalopportunity/affirmative actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremploymentwithout regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker,Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.