Who are We?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
The Senior Finance Manager is a key member of Intersections finance team & will be tasked with leading strategic financial modeling efforts across the Companys various business lines, along with providing analytical support for sales, operations & other ongoing business activities. The Manager will serve as a key connection between the accounting & corporate finance functions of the Intersection finance team - this will include spending some time in the Secaucus office with the accounting team. In addition, the candidate will support our work as the managing member of CityBridge, a consortium of leading companies in their fields bringing the worlds fastest public Wi-Fi & cutting-edge media to New York City via LinkNYC.
This role will allow the Manager to learn various facets of the business & serve as a direct partner to senior business leaders. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who excels working in a fast-paced, startup environment. Moreover, the ideal candidate will offer thought leadership & exhibit significant maturity & independence.
The Senior Finance Manager will report to the Director of Corporate Planning but will be intricately involved across a number of finance functions & business lines that ultimately support initiatives driven by Intersections Chief Financial Officer. As such, the ideal candidate will have the ability to interact with a number of senior executives on a regular basis.
In the first month, you will:
- Become acquainted with the team & broader organization
- Begin your orientation to the company financials, key models & systems
- Contribute to weekly/monthly reporting of KPIs & ad hoc analyses
- Establish a cadence of meetings with your manager & identify a preliminary set of goals
- Coordinate with the accounting team on a regular basis (including on-site in Secaucus) in an effort to enhance financial planning accuracy & transparency
- Develop financial models & scenario analyses on existing contracts & for new business development activities
In the first two months, you will:
- Continue your orientation to the company, its people & processes via town halls, lunch & learns, etc.
- Expand your contributions to the team & begin to take ownership of projects/processes
- Interface with business unit leads on model assumptions, mechanics, presentations & communicating key metrics to Senior Executives
- Conduct competitor analyses & market research in relevant technology & advertising verticals
- Support Senior Executives w/ various financial & business analyses
In the first three months, you will:
- Be expected to manage projects & processes independently
- Communicate insights to the broader team & senior leadership
- Take initiative on various opportunities across the team & organization
In the first year, you will:
- Be a fully integrated, highly functional member of the Finance team
- Be relied upon by senior executives across the organization for delivering key deliverables & input
Youre great for this role, because:
- You have a Bachelors degree from a top tier university
- You have 3-5 years experience required at a top-tier accounting firm or other relevant financial modeling work experience
- You have proven knowledge of financial analysis techniques
- You have a demonstrated ability to construct strong, detailed financial models
- You have outstanding verbal & written presentation skills & experience presenting analyses to senior team members
- You have a strong knowledge & interest in the technology and/or media sector
- You are a self-motivated individual with strong relationship building skills
- You have strong organizational skills & effective time management with excellent follow-through on commitments
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer