Who We Are
Summer's mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time & money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise & innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, & engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We're registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A & are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, & QED Investors-and our first partner is Yale University.
Summer is hiring a Data Analyst to power insights across the entire company. Data lies at the core of our loan algorithms as well as our business decisions, & this position will involve cross-team collaboration to transform data into actionable strategies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Architect & build frameworks & tools to enable data-driven decisions
- Segment student loan borrowers to understand motivations & use cases
- Support calculations for loan repayment scenario modeling
- Proactively identify patterns in user behavior that inform product opportunities
- Work closely with marketing team to optimize our acquisition funnel
- Collaborate with engineering team to maintain consistent data collection across web, app & API sources
- Champion an experimentation culture that rapidly tests, measures & iterates
- Build dashboards that enable data democratization & empower teammates to monitor key metrics
- Have a direct & profound effect on a data-driven organization that is breaking down barriers to higher education
To be successful in this role, we are seeking a teammate with the following:
- Degree in a quantitative field & 3+ years of experience in data analytics
- Understanding of A/B testing methodologies
- Experience with statistical analyses & data visualization
- Strong SQL skills & knowledge of relational databases
- Experience in Python or other scripting languages
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools
- Startup and/or finance experience are a plus
Finally, we are excited to work with teammates who are equally passionate about applying their talents to tackle a major social issue of our time.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, & fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, & flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!