Rockets of Awesome is reinventing the way parents shop for kids by leveraging technology, data, brand, personalization, & exceptional merchandise. Were making shopping for kids apparel convenient & fun This is the future of vertical commerce.
We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Join our creative & strategic team working to develop a scalable e-commerce system that powers a business with massive market opportunity. This team cultivates a culture of learning & continuous improvement by investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, & immediately adapting.
We value fun, simplicity, & teamwork.
About the Position
Rockets of Awesome is looking for an enthusiastic, customer-obsessed, & analytical marketer who will manage the customer journey, retention efforts, & loyalty. The manger will oversee all email marketing including campaign planning, creative development, deployment, & reporting. You should have experience with email calendar creation, drip & onboarding campaigns, triggers, & A/B testing. Additionally, s/he will support other customer-facing marketing initiatives such as SMS, customer referral program, & other digital channels. The ideal candidate for this role has new ideas & perspectives to bring to the table along with the technical ability & know-how to execute those ideas.
What youll do..
- Email MarketingCollaborate on the approach, execution, & measurement of email marketing campaigns that increase customer engagement & product adoption & drive incremental sales & profitability.
- End-to-End Campaign ManagementDay-to-day execution of ROA retention & customer lifecycle campaigns, including briefing the Creative team, audience segmentation, coordinating coding, creating automated flows, tagging links, scheduling emails, setting up tests, quality assurance, & deployment.
- Calendar DevelopmentMaintain customer marketing & content calendar & assist with quarterly calendar planning to support larger business goals.
- Customer Lifecycle ManagementCreate strategies & tactical plans that fully maximize customer onboarding, up-sell, & retention opportunities. Customer Journey mapping.
- Testing AgendaBuild, segment, & test frameworks for continuous improvement
- Technical ImplementationWork with internal & external tech resources to ensure essential technical steps are taken for proper email program setup, list selection & segmentation, QA, & tracking.
- OptimizationDrive improvement across email KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click rates, conversion rates, opt-out rates, & revenue.
- ReportingBuild reports & ongoing analyses that highlight key insights & strategic learnings. Translate analytical findings into clear, easily understandable, actionable insights that drive strong business strategy.
Were looking for someone who is ...
- Results-Driven. Obsessed with creating retention marketing campaigns & email programs that generate high engagement & sales.
- Consumer-focused. Knows our customer inside & out - needs, wants, challenges can can effectively craft marketing strategies to serve her best.
- A cross-functional team member. A proactive, business partner who can effectively execute across different business units & can clearly articulate actionable information to influence data-driven business decisions.
- Creative. Can ideate on interesting ways to engage the customer, has a strong point of view & can effectively communicate that vision to the Creative team.
- Hands-on. Proven experience leading a campaign management function & outstanding attention to detail.
- In the know. Stays up-to-date on email & CRM industry best practices & emerging trends.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, & quickly adapt to new data & strategies.
- An ambitious go-getter with a high capacity to multitask & prioritize.
Other Requirements & Considerations
- 4+ years of email and/or marketing management
- Experience working with an ESP Iterable a BIG plus
- Understanding of email best practices & CAN-SPAM compliance
- Strong analytical skills & ability to use data to optimize
- Strong attention to detail, process optimization & problem solving skills
- Passion for continuous improvement & appetite to experiment in multiple marketing channels
- HTML/CSS email coding experience a plus
All applicants should apply online at rocketsofawesome.com/careers