Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users via scalable self-help tools, personalized support, & customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin & Portland. Working within Customer Operations, the Content team produces help guides for the more than two million people who use Squarespace to carve out their piece of the web. Were customer advocates, & were on a mission to help them succeed.
As a Technical Writer, youll create & improve help content with customer needs, internal feedback, & efficiency in mind. Youll work closely with your manager & your teammates, ensuring your guides are accurate, aligned with Squarespace style, & meeting customer needs. Youre perfect for this role if youre a strong writer, editor, & project manager who loves digging into details while thinking about high-level strategy.
This role reports to the Content Team Lead & can be based in any of our offices (New York, Portland, or Dublin).
- Write & continually iterate on help guides about Squarespace products, explaining complex concepts & steps in clear & accessible language
- Take full ownership of content on specific areas of the platform
- Build relationships with stakeholders & SMEs in Product Operations, Product, Product Marketing, & Engineering
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews
- Create or contribute to other support or product-focused content as needed, like release notes, transactional emails, or chatbot content
- Play a key role in evolving the voice of Squarespace Customer Operations
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, creating content for non-technical users in internet, consumer tech, web publishing, SaaS, or a related field
- Experience owning content strategy for specific features or product areas
- Ability to work through ambiguity & competing priorities
- Excellent collaboration skills & ability to build relationships with stakeholders in multiple geographies & teams
- Comfortable with checking your ego at the door - open to feedback from multiple stakeholders to make a guide perfect
- Drive to simplify & iterate
- Experience with help/documentation CMS, project management, & bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
- Experience in a client/customer-facing role is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
- Resumes without cover letters wont be considered.
- Attach a writing sample that demonstrates your experience with help content.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visitwww.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.