sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient & accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients & produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, were committed to leaving people better than we found them. Were in the business of feeding people, & were out to change what that means.
Our General Managers are the Head Coaches of our teams!
If you love running a balanced business, growing a team & creating an excellent guest experience, come work at sweetgreen. Were looking for enthusiastic & ambitious individuals to lead our locations in Virginia.
Every day in our stores, our teams make real food from scratch youll oversee a full-service BOH operation, as well as a quick-service FOH model. The Head Coach is the anchor of the store youre an enthusiastic leader, a quick thinker, a problem-solver a skilled communicator & a motivator.
We want sweetgreen to be a transformative place, & we pride ourselves on providing a clear career path with opportunities for leadership, personal growth & professional development. Theres a reason we call it a Head Coach & not a General manager were inspired by John Woodens approach to leadership.
What youll do:
Here at sweetgreen, we have 6 core values they embody our culture, spirit & dedication to doing whats right. They keep us aligned, influence how we lead, & help us make decisions about everything from the food we serve to the impact we have on our people. And theyre the lens through which youll build a successful business.
- Win Win Win:Develop a team by identifying talent (community), building skill set through training (customer) + growing future company leaders (company)
- Think Sustainably:Create systems that drive successful store & team performance
- Keep it Real:Build meaningful relationships with your team & customers, rooted in authenticity invest time to build trust
- Add the Sweet Touch:Empower your team to create meaningful connections with each other & the guest every day.
- Make an Impact:Inspire your team, own your business, & architect customer service experiences across all touch points
- Live the Sweetlife:Celebrate your passion & your purpose
What youve got:
- 5+ years experience in restaurant management
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- Managed & developed 25+ team members per shift
- P&L, COGS, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning & Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Labor/Scheduling, Training & Team Development, Quality Focus
- Experience in Food Safety + Planning
- Regional Managers Food Safety Certification required (ServSafe Managers Certification)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage + labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- sweetgreen DNA:
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow & improve
- Self-starters: takes initiative, thinks of the big picture, relays store needs & communicates with the team
- Customer service-oriented: Passion for the guest experience, service driven
- Innovative: utilizes & designs business processes with the customer, community & company in mind
- Passionate about real food: appreciation for the greater mission of farm-to-table foods
- High-energy, & thrive in a fast-paced environment
What youll get:
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them & by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife & celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values & have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally & professionally
- Complimentary sweetgreen
- Flexible scheduling, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on sales, labor + food costs
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Free sweetgreen swag through our Shades of Green tenure program
Come live your sweetlife with us!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us & everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, pleaseclick here.