WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, & #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Were looking for a multifaceted, collaborative Intern to work across a variety of marketing channels with a focus on site design, email, banner, & social assets, including motion graphics for animated experiences & short videos. Other work will include traditional marketing materials such as presentations, brochures, postcards, & branded print collateral for events. You will partner with cross-discipline teams to activate the Braze brand voice & vision, driving sales of our innovative technology among other business goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in drafting brand standards & producing assets to aid with consistency.
- Assist with maintaining/compiling vendor & freelance resource lists, including video, photo & illustration.
- Assist with ongoing rollout of our mascot aimed at internal & customer facing communications
- Execute article graphics to be published on our site & promoted through social media.
- Research competitive landscape to help inform how we differentiate our visual aesthetic.
- Research internal data & metrics to be leveraged for optimizing our creative for performance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Available to commit to a three month internship, upon start date
- Currently be enrolled in 4 year university pursuing a degree in one of the related fields: Design, Communications, Marketing, Advertising
- Interested in pursuing a career in design across mediums
- Possess a portfolio that demonstrates versatility & a broad range of design knowledge & skills
- Knowledgeable of industry tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, & AfterEffects, plus Sketch or equivalent)
- Knowledgeable of website design fundamentals, including responsive best practices
- Experience working with developers & communicating design specifications
- Experience creating print materials for press & content-heavy collateral
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks & work on multiple projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously & with accuracy
- Prior internship experience in design or marketing strongly preferred
- Bonus Points:
- Proficiency with HTML, Keynote, Adobe Animate, Adobe XD, & Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Ability to illustrate abstract concepts.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Daily catered lunches & fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Compensation for your hard work & many contributions
In addition, this position is non-exempt & is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.