BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development Manager role reports into the SVP, Head of Business Development & will play a key role in developing & executing a partnership strategy to meet the goals & objectives of the company.
The Business Development Manager must be comfortable being a utility player, as the candidate will be expected to have involvement in a wide array of partnership types at various complexity levels. The successful candidate will be thrown into a number of diverse projects, so the ability to focus & learn about a variety of business models strategically & tactically is required. If you are the kind of person who likes focus on only a few key initiatives, this is not the role for you! The candidate should be adaptable & flexible with an interest in learning about all facets of programmatic advertising.
The candidate will closely interface with both buy-side & sell-side stakeholders, as well as the companys Product organization. A balance of consultative & transactional selling skills is required with a focus on prioritizing revenue-driving tactics.
- Participate in go-to-market activities for strategic initiatives around the companys Mobile, Video, DSP, & Orders business units.
- Have an active role in new DSP vetting & on-boarding, header bidding initiatives, & prospecting new publishers to join the exchange.
- Ability to develop Senior-level contacts at partner companies & foster ongoing relationships
- An aggressive producer with experience penetrating & navigating amongst various constituents in the ad technology landscape, including demand side platforms, agency trading units, ad networks, & data/attribution providers.
- Strategic thinker with ability to act tactically
- Ability to take an early-stage concept/idea through all of its various stages, from validating its efficacy all the way to go-to market strategy.
- Sales process aptitude: activity tracking, pipeline management, & forecasting.
- Collaborate with sales leadership & product teams on enhancements & insights that drive revenue.
- Self-starter with ability to stay informed on emerging trends, opportunities, & challenges & how they impact the companys market strategy.
- A consultative, educational sales approach balanced with assumptive transactional style. Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: a charismatic & practical up-and-coming leader who can earn the respect of internal & external stakeholders.
- Represent the company at Industry events & seminars as needed
- Light to moderate travel will be required for this role, but primary focus is in the USA.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Exhibits natural leadership qualities & is a self-starter. Ambitious, success-driven, high-energy with ability to learn quickly from failures
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Must be responsive, resourceful, professional, proactive & an independent problem solver
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced, fun team environment.
- BS/BA degree.
- 2-3 years of sales and/or client-facing experience required, including time with a mobile platform, supply side platform, demand side platform, trading unit or ad network.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, technologies, opportunities/challenges, & pricing models.
- Fundamental understanding of the technology surrounding RTB & exchanges.
- Knowledge of how digital media is bought, sold & delivered both in the traditional channel & programmatic channels.