Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the role
Were looking for an experienced leader with a technical background who will drive the expansion of our developer experience & integration ecosystem. In this role youll be tasked with building a playbook for how we prioritize, build & launch integrations with new third party partners across many product categories. Additionally youll be leading a technical team that will consult on other integration projects & serve as post-launch technical support for our developer partners.
You will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with leaders across Partnerships, Product, Engineering & Marketing in helping us continue to craft & build best-in-class integrations for our developers & our customers.
About the team
The Developer Relations team serves as the technical function of our broader Partnerships organization & their responsibilities include: equipping third party partners & developers with the tools to build high quality integrations, creating a scalable build & launch process & driving key feedback loops between developers & our internal teams on Gustos technical capabilities.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Hire, coach & grow a team who will be the technical experts on our integrations & API functionality driving day-to-day operations of our Developer Relations team
- Collaborate with Partnership leads to drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to grow our integration ecosystem
- Build & implement scalable processes for our developers & internal stakeholders
- Utilize data & business insights to influence investment in the developer experience & tools
- Partner closely with product management teams to land Gustos Employers strategy for solving key jobs to be done for our customers
Heres what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of relevant experience working in partnerships, developer relations, engineering or similar technical role with external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of software development. You dont need to write code in this role, but you can ask questions to understand how our technical decisions impact your team & API users
- Track record of working with external developers or vendors
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management & experience managing complex projects across multiple teams
- Strategic thinker with the experience balancing & prioritize short-term solutions while keeping the long-term vision in mind
- Experience building & leading high performance teams
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A growth mindset & comfort with ambiguity
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $116,000 - $183,000/year in Denver & most other locations & $140,000 - $215,000/year of San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.