ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its legal team reporting to the Director of Risk a Senior Manager risk professional to implement the companys new risk organization. The Senior Manager will need to understand the role of Risk in a start-up environment as well as in a mature highly-regulated environment & be experienced in the change management of building a risk operation. The Senior Manager will need to possess sophisticated technical risk management skills, including but not limited to engagement with tools & technology to design dashboarding & other measurement methods. Finally, in addition to implementing a company-wide risk program, the Senior Manager will work with the Director of Risk & a team of Risk Managers to partner with the business & functions to design & document controls throughout the organization.
This position, working with the Director of Risk, will be responsible for executing risk communications & education, risk assessments, a risk strategy, framework/appetite, an effective monitoring & testing program for all internal controls company-wide & for conducting on-going risk-analysis & response. This role also will have responsibility for Risk reporting within FanDuel as well as engagement with the parent companys risk organization. Finally, this candidate will design & implement a process around creation of appropriate documentation & controls throughout FanDuel. The ideal candidates for this job has extensive experience in a mature risk organization, & ideally, engaged in building a successful risk organization from the ground up. Experience working for an internet, technology and/or media company, or with such companies, is a plus. That said, superior analytical, strategic, communication, interpersonal & writing skills are of paramount importance, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being a team player, & an aptitude to learn quickly the nuances of the internet, technology & media businesses.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Deliver an effective risk management program from the ground up, including communication, risk assessment, risk framework, measurement, dashboarding & reporting with a focus on designing an effective ERM platform fit for purpose.
- Work with all levels of management to educate on effective risk-based decision making, documentation & reporting.
- Engage with all levels of the company to assist the building out of an effective first line of defense culture with appropriate documentation, controls & measurement.
- Advise on appropriate process improvements to support an effective & efficient risk department.
- Preparation of Board & senior management communications relating to risk.
- Work closely with Director of Risk to enhance & scale risk management across FanDuel & in partnership with the parent company.
- Design & execute an effective monitoring, testing & reporting plan the company including design & utilization of the ERM platform.
- Build strong professional relationships with the leadership in the business.
- Liaise with external advisors as required.
- Provide value-adding advice & expertise on risk management to all departments & stakeholders.
What we're looking fr in our next teammate
- Once hired, the Senior Manager of Risk may be required to obtain licenses from various jurisdictions.
- Minimum 5+ years of total risk experience, at least one role designing & building out an ERM platform/tool preferred
- Experience with an internet/technology company a strong plus.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- A strong aptitude for policy, process, procedure, analytics & reporting.
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- An exceptional team builder & team player.
- A self-starter with creative ideas & energy to follow-through & own the outcome.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.