Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Sr. Manager, Strategic Partnerships to join our Population Health team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
The Population Health Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships will lead the strategy & implementation of digital health partnerships for the Population Health team.
This position will oversee strategic vendor & partner relationships from ideation, evaluation, operational planning, to implementation of population health programs for commercial partners as well as go-to-market efforts for all plan design launch activities
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate strategic vendor partners, & manage end to end relationships from diligence through contracting, launch & ongoing operational support
- Define the population health product/solution vision & ensure a holistic, integrated member-centric approach
- Oversee launch activities & author playbooks & project plans in conjunction with business partners to implement solutions at scale.
- Build, monitor, & iterate on operating model for new Oscar members, +Oscar & vendor partners & act as consultative, client-facing point of contact
- Collaborate with internal, cross-functional stakeholders to ensure alignment & deliver solutions; report out on successes to executive audience
- Manage a team that co-owns partner relationships, project management & program success metrics including market adoption, member/ customer satisfaction & utilization, & population health outcomes
- Coach, lead & develop team members to achieve successful outcomes
Required education & experience
- 6+ years of relevant operational & healthcare work experience, including commercialization & business development experience
- 4+ years of experience managing individual contributors
- Work / project planning experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Excel & financial modeling experience
Preferred education & experience
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in health administration, business administration, public Health, health policy, health economics or 4 years commensurate experience
- Management consulting experience
- Domain experience in remote monitoring, telehealth, data analytics, and/or chronic disease management.
- Excellent critical thinking & analytical skills
- Excitement towards managing strategic partners & structuring relationships
- Innovative & creative thinking skills
- Bias towards action & strong operational mindset
- Strong attention to detail & organizational skills
- Adept at cross functional communication & stakeholder management
- Able to break down & communicate complex processes & ideas to external & internal stakeholders
- Strong project management skills & ability to quickly size & prioritize problems, & keep stakeholders on track
Potential for travel. Less than 25%
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.