ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
We are looking to hire a Finance & Operations Manager to help scale the Finance function & support the needs of a growing company. Youll work closely with the Accounting team & various department heads across the company. You will own key elements of the Finance function & work on initiatives that will help continue to drive our business forward.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Own the companys financial model
- Prepare monthly reporting & materials for key executives
- Assist with budgeting & forecasting process & provide regular updates
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors & quarterly reporting for our investors
- Partner with our Accounting team to produce monthly budget vs actual reporting & analysis for department heads
- Lead ad-hoc analyses by working with our cross-functional Paid Acquisitions, Data Science & Sales teams to drive strategic decisions across the company
- Team up with Accounting to define & implement best practices for financial management & reporting across the company
- Assist review Insertion Orders & legal documents & produce standard contracts.
- Assist with Bi-monthly report of OKRS & provide the story behind the numbers/information.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- BS/BA in finance, business, accounting or relevant field
- 2-5 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or private equity
- Must have strong financial modeling experience & excellent Excel skills
- Must be a strong analytical thinker to be able to understand & communicate the story behind the numbers
- Strong grasp of financial fundamentals & a mastery of Excel & Powerpoint
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn new skills (QuickBooks, Looker, Boostr) that will allow you to engage with adjacent business functions (customer acquisition, Sales operations, Data Science, People / Recruiting & Strategic Partnerships)
- Track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment; Start-up experience in a rapidly growing financial organization is a plus
- Solutions-oriented team player with ability to develop strong relationships & communicate effectively
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.