Data Scientist (Forecasting)
MakeSpace is looking for a results-focused Data Scientist to help us revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We're looking for Data Scientist to join the Strategy & Data team. Reporting to the SVP of Strategy & Data, you will drive growth & operational excellence by developing exceptional analytical tools & data products & by generating & communicating insights to teammates across the business. This role can be fully remote from any US or Canada location, or in-person with our teams in New York City, Phoenix, or Denver.
- Partner with functional leaders & stakeholders on our Operations, Marketing, Strategy, & Finance teams to drive operational excellence & cross-functional coordination through automated forecasting & other advanced analytics
- Own & lead projects end-to-end that drive meaningful results for the business
- Ship new analytics tools to other functions by leveraging (or extending) our best-of-breed stack
- A motivated individual contributor with 4+ years of experience in data science, data analysis, and/or data engineering, with preference for direct experience with forecasting, demand planning, and/or supply chain/logistics
- An analytical thinker looking for an opportunity to own data projects from beginning to end, with a focus on driving better results for the business
- An excellent communicator & a natural team player; curious & inquisitive & excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area
- Strong Python skills preferred; will consider candidates with experience in R who are willing to learn & use Python
- Strong SQL skills; experience using dbt or managing a data warehouse preferred. Experience with visualization & business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.). MakeSpace currently uses Fivetran, Stitch, Redshift, dbt, & Looker
- A college graduate with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Science, or another quantitative field preferred
- A competitive base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- Generous & flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.