At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This is one of the critical leadership roles at RTR, a data-driven company that is changing the way women get dressed. In this role, you will manage all consumer facing product management & teams across the business - web, mobile, retail, community, recommendations, personalization, research & more. You should possess the rare combination of visionary product insight, extensive leadership & business skills, & technical expertise across product management & design. You will be expected to build & manage a world-class team across product management, design, & user experience, & to partner with C-level executives & the rest of senior leadership to shape & support our product strategy & roadmap.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead & define the digital product vision & strategy across web, mobile & retail, managing the product roadmap to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Define & execute on the vision that transforms the experience from transactional to a platform that the user engages with daily, both online & offline. Help leverage RTRs community to drive strategies across customer engagement & improve customer experience.
- Align the product, design, & engineering teams to improve cross-functional collaboration & communication.
- Drive innovation to amplify personalization of product experience for all customers.
- Hire, develop & retain a world class Product & Design team. Help grow the organization at a pace commensurate with Rent the Runways growth.
- Work closely with the technology organization & communicate effectively with leadership throughout the company.
- Be an assertive voice & active participant in strategic discussions about company strategy & roadmap. Dont be afraid to share your opinions & challenge ideas.
- Lead with a Hands-On, creative mentality.
- Embody & represent Rent the Runways culture & values when interfacing both internally & externally. Be a role model for the organization.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Bachelors & a minimum of 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Track record of success managing a leading consumer product organization.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage both quantitative & qualitative data to draw insights.
- Experience in a high-growth startup, or at least in a hyper-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Eager to roll up your sleeves & dig into any problem in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in a subscription business is a plus.
- Wide & relevant network in the tech industry.
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale, aggressive & dynamic technical projects competing with resources & priorities.
- An organizational leader & team builder. Must know how to mentor & develop teams & attract smart, relentless talent.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & VALUES
- Highly Analytical & data-driven; passionate about leveraging & understanding data to drive decision making.
- Polished yet a scrappy, entrepreneurial, self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously & drive them to completion effectively. Ready for the demands of a high energy, fast-paced company environment.
- Creative thinker who can come up with innovative & effective ways to ensure all goals are met.
- Strong leader who can command respect internally & externally & build a high-performing team.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, as well as exceptionally strong communication skills.
- High impact personality; highly energetic & enthusiastic; unpretentious; hands on operations style & approach.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!