The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: January 6, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the first week of onboarding, January 6 - January 10, 2020. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF. Typical work hours are 9am - 5pm, slight adjustments can be made there.
Research Operations for the User Experience (UX) Research Team
Research Operations serves as a function of, & for, UX Research. Research Ops at Mailchimp exists to provide researchers the support & services they need to collect & evangelize valuable insights seamlessly, scale a growing team strategically, & impact our product and the company effectively. Research Ops at Mailchimp strives to optimize research efforts, create frameworks for a thriving research environment, & manage the behind-the-scenes logistics that keep everything running smooth. Sounds easy enough, right?
The Intern Were Looking For:
Were looking for an intern to join our Research Operations team. Our ideal intern is exceptionally organized, an extremely proactive self-starter, & comfortable adjusting to shifting plans & schedules. In addition, they must be an outstanding communicator & have excellent customer service skills.
What youll do:
- Transfer UX Research findings into Mailchimps knowledge management tool, where peeps from all over Mailchimp go to find answers to their questions about users
- Help maintain the overall organization of our research artifacts (notes, recordings, spreadsheets, deliverables, etc) for quick access in the future
- Assist UX Researchers in closing out research projects by sending compensation & thank yous to participants, transcribing interview notes, logging participants in a master list, etc
- Audit & streamline operational processes, like the close-out tasks listed above
- Assist with research ops-related tasks, like proofreading documents, testing surveys, taking notes during user interviews, etc.
- Collaborate with Research Operations team on incoming projects & tasks
- Book & arrange rooms or facilities (either at Mailchimp or off-site) for research & presentations
Wed love to hear from you if this sounds like you:
- Excellent communicatorparticularly in writing (youll be emailing a lot of customers), but also on the phone & in-person
- At ease in customer-facing rolesfriendly, personable, helpful. Previous experience in recruiting and/or customer service is a huge plus!
- Proactive self-starter, able to identify gaps & opportunities to create more efficient processes
- Exceptionally organized & detail-oriented
- Experience with content management systems, especially in developing & maintaining tagging & folder organization systems
- Reliable, with a high level of follow-throughyou must be able to finish what you starteven if no one is looking over your shoulder
- Able to balance a number of activities/requests & quickly shift focus from one task to another throughout the day
- Strong collaboration skillsyoull be working with all of the researchers on our team
- Bonus points for research experience, or a willingness to establish a baseline understanding of user research
Why work at Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.