All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country.
Currently, all corporate employees are working remotely from home until it is deemed safe to return to our offices by local & state health officials. We have offices located in New York City, NY & San Mateo, CA, & three fulfillment centers in New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Boxed is seeking a highly-qualified corporate & securities counsel to join our Legal Team. In this role, the attorney will perform a broad range of legal work, with a particular focus on supporting all securities & related corporate compliance matters. The attorney will oversee & manage SEC/securities & related governance matters; support finance, accounting, marketing & investor relations functions; advise members of management on various issues within the assigned areas; & support the General Counsel. In addition to these primary functions, the attorney will bring a can-do / will-do attitude, have an interdisciplinary approach, & be willing to take on new & novel projects. The attorney must have a proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & be a teammate first.
This role will report directly to the General Counsel & Chief Administrative Officer & is located in the New York City office.
- Build & manage corporate, securities & compliance function.
- Support all securities & compliance matters.
- Lead drafting & filing of securities & regulatory documentation.
- Oversee & advise on SEC, exchange & corporate governance matters, including compliance with corporate by-laws, Board & committee policies, & company charter documents.
- Support finance, accounting, marketing & investor relations functions, including intercompany agreements, corporate investing, equity management, disclosures/reporting, & restructuring activities.
- Support People Team on executive compensation & employee equity plan design, implementation & administration.
- Draft and/or review all board materials & minutes, committee documentation, earnings-related documents (press releases, Board/call scripts, investor presentations, etc.) & certain other disclosure-related documents.
- Establish efficient processes for meeting all regulatory & compliance requirements, including monitoring developments, proposed legislation & court decisions related to corporate governance, executive compensation, public disclosure requirements & financing transactions & evaluating their impact on operations.
- Provide interdisciplinary support across a breadth of commercial & other legal matters across the organization, both domestic & international.
Required Skills & Experience
- Juris Doctor degree & active membership in good standing in at least one U.S. State bar (NY and/or CA bars preferable).
- 5+ years related experience, with a mix of experience at a premier law firm in public representation or a similar practice group & recent in-house public-company experience. Experience in a startup or emerging growth company is a plus.
- Significant experience in the drafting & coordination of securities filings, including form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, Forms 3, 4, 5, 13D, 13G, S-8 & similar.
- Knowledge of evolving ESG, governance & disclosure best practices with relevant policy positions of proxy advisory firms, ESG raters & rating agencies
- Excellent verbal & written communication, analytical, & interpersonal skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Boxed was started in a garage & we value a culture of scrappiness. Employees at all levels must be willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done whenever the need arises. Nothing is beneath us here. The incoming candidate will be a team player who embodies those ideals & doesnt hesitate to jump in & solve difficult problems at all levels.
- Top-tier organizational & prioritization skills.
- A high-energy individual who inspires others through clarity & conviction of a shared vision.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personalities & operating styles. This person has exceptional interpersonal skills & keen self-awareness.
- Someone with crisp, precise verbal & written communication & skills who is capable of delivering data-driven messages to the executive team & other internal & external constituents.
- A hard-working individual who leads from the front
- A dynamic, adaptable individual capable of pivoting quickly. While this person needs to be hands-on, they are equally capable of taking a step back to ensure other team members are executing towards greater strategic goals.