***This role is full-time Monday-Friday (9 AM- 5PM)***
Reporting to the Clinical Team Manager, the Phlebotomist/Operations Assistant serves as a key member of the Iora Health team & plays a critical role in the flow of the practice. Duties specific to this position include greeting & welcoming patients, answering phones, managing the flow of medical records & other important, confidential documentation. Given the high-tech nature of the practice, this position will also be the go-to for technological questions & troubleshooting. The Operations Assistant provides support to the team doing whatever is needed to contribute to the success of the team & ensuring that patients are treated in a courteous, respectful manner.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drawing blood from patients & assisting in Laboratory procedures
- Welcoming patients to the practice, communicating their arrival to the team, & managing patient visit expectations
- Receiving incoming calls/messages & appropriately addressing or triaging phone requests including requests for appointments, form completion, & medication refills
- Initiating outbound administrative requests, by phone & in writing, such as medical record requests & specialty appointment booking
- Sorting & triaging of incoming mail & faxes, including scanning & appropriate e-filing
- Supporting the Patient Enrollment team by asking patients if they want to refer friends & family to Iora
- Providing information & office tours for patients interested in joining the practice
- Assisting the Clinical Team Manager with the management of office & medical supplies, as needed
- Experience in a service business required
- Formal Phlebotomy training & experience
- Tech savviness & familiarity with Apple a plus but not required
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills both in-person & by phone
- Must have the ability to work well both as a member of a team & independently
- Must have exceptional organizational, problem-solving & time management skills & must be able to appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must be open-minded, non-judgmental & compassionate
- Must be flexible & comfortable with ambiguity, eager to work in a dynamic environment & willing to learn new skills
About Iora Health
Iora Health is transforming health care, starting with primary care. We created a high-impact relationship based care model, that particularly benefits adults on Medicare & those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, & the technology that supports our care.
We know that when you invest in relationships with people, you can help them live happier & healthier. Our patients get a team that respects & listens to them. We get paid to keep our patients healthier, & it works - we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while lowering costs.