At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking an experienced Public Affairs Manager to join the dynamic & fast-paced Public Policy team. Serving as an in-house messaging expert on public policy issues, as it relates to road safety, in-the-car safety & health safety, the Public Affairs Manager, Safety will be responsible for developing compelling messaging on key Lyft issues & driving safety initiatives that engage & influence policy stakeholders. The Public Affairs Manager, Safety will work cross-functionally to best position Lyft on safety policy & regulatory issues.
- Advise on the creation of public facing influence initiatives & activities that advance the aims & objectives of the Public Policy team.
- Conduct polling research on public policy & regulatory issues related to safety.
- Develop, execute, manage & report on paid media strategies that support public policy goals.
- Create new channels, including digital channels, to distribute messaging & ensure accurate targeting of key audiences.
- Provide internal communications & briefings to relevant business functions.
- Will draft & approve numerous written communications daily under a high pressure fast paced environment.
- Manage public affairs consultants to drive impactful initiatives.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree plus 5-7 years of relevant experience working in communications, public affairs, or public opinion research in a safety related field.
- 5-7 years proven experience advocating for a candidate, cause, or issue.
- Demonstrated experience leading public-facing initiatives involving the development of strategy & tactics as well as execution.
- Creative thinker with strong analytical & organization skills, ability to meet deadlines, & attention to detail.
- Excellent written, communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion & independent judgment in the representation of Lyft.
- Lyft user/believer.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink -Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.