The People team is the linchpin of Oscars values & culture -- we build, we maintain, we strengthen. You will be helping to align business objectives with employees & management in designated business units & will accelerate the effectiveness of our super-talented team by owning, supporting, & coaching leaders through the following areas: employee relations, onboarding, policy design & implementation, compensation, employment law compliance, & special projects. You will also help keep a pulse on the culture of Oscar.
In this role, you will be a foundational part of the People team.
Deliverables: What you will achieve
- Partner with other members of People Strategy & site leadership in the development & implementation of personnel policies & procedures.
- Act as a business partner to managers in your designated organizations - providing coaching, development & support
- Deep dive & gain understanding of the business functions that you support
- Drive & contribute to People Analytics with the goal of optimizing Oscar programs & culture -headcount, exit data, performance management, compensation planning, employee engagement, benefits administration.
- Maintain compliance with federal & state employment law regulations in light of expansion efforts.
- Work with site leaders to help manage employee relations issues.
- Serve as one of the main points of contact for your partners for HR-related questions.
- Provide support & assistance to other People functions, as needed.
- Oversee talent management initiatives locally, including performance management & compensation processes
- Add flair/creativity to the way we do HR. Always looking for ways to be more efficient, effective, & innovative!
We want you to be a guiding light to our fast-growing company. If you have sound judgment, superhero drive, & a nimble mind--then come & meet us!
- BA/BS degree & 5+ years work experience
- Experience as a manager
- Strong attention to detail & the ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Sound judgement around maintaining confidentiality
- Knack for problem-solving on the fly
- Wired to think ahead & forecast potential concerns
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving & organizational skills
- Familiarity & interest in data analysis/metrics
- A no job too big or small ownership attitude
- Experience at a rapidly scaling organization
- Working knowledge of best practices & protocols
Nice to Haves:
- HR certifications (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP)
- Human resource experience
- Supported tech companies
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.