The Creative Team is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support our team, & our project management lead in keeping all projects on track, organized & moving smoothly from inception to delivery. Our team supports the creative needs for First Look Media & all of its brands, with a majority of that support allocated toTopic.com. The Assistant Project Manager will be assisting with projects ranging from key art & motion gfx development, commissioning art & animation, resizing & digital asset requests, to printed materials, promo videos & live shoots.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with our brands, the digital media industry, & all of the platforms where our presence & content live, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TV Apps (Roku, AppleTV), & Snapchat. They should also have a passion for supporting independent voices, storytelling & journalism, & an appreciation for meaningful content.
We are looking for someone that is incredibly hard-working, highly motivated, organized & efficient, collaborative, supportive, a great communicator, & with an overall great work ethic.
- Support our project management lead, & keep them up-to-date on all projects youre managing.
- Own individual projects from conception to completion.
- Developing realistic timelines with project management lead, especially when it involves approvals from multiple departments.
- Schedule & attend meetings, including project kick-offs.
- Create project cards on Trello & project folders on our file server.
- Check-in with designers, video editors, art director, head of creative, marketing & editorial teams to collect info about a project & / or the project status, in an effort to keep projects organized & moving smoothly.
- Be the go-to person for a project youre managing for any info or assets needed.
- Delivery of final files.
- Keep track of & maintain correspondence with vendors & freelancers.
- Manage & update creative teams calendar as necessary.
- Ensure timely processing of vendor invoices & payments.
- Coordinate & ship packages to vendors & partners (hard drives, swag, printed materials, etc).
- Own company holiday gift tracking & shipping (domestic & international).
- Other related duties as necessary.
Background & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of project management experience managing complex & varied typed of projects or programs.
- Highly adaptable, organized, & extremely detail oriented you are someone who doesnt let things slip through the cracks.
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems, multi-task, & prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to take & share constructive feedback as a process & a means to continually improve, grow & pivot.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, presentation, & interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time-management skills.
- Prior experience using Trello to keep track of projects & timelines.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines at a fast paced organization.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves & get things done in a startup environment.
- Familiar with expensing receipts & invoices (Expensify, Concur).
- Familiar using Dropbox & WeTransfer to deliver project files.
- Knowledge of file formats a plus (PSD, EPS, JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4, etc).
- Knowledge of industry software a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere & AfterEffects).
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand & entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio & digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach challenging, compelling & unconventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.