As a subsidiary of FedEx Services, ShopRunners SaaS products help retailers offer faster & more efficient shipping to a member base of high-end shoppers.
This & other e-commerce data products support a client base of 80+ retailers in luxury, accessible fashion, health & beauty, home goods, & technology.
Every week, our products collect a billion interactions with shoppers across our network of retailers.
As part of our analytics team, youll use that data to help make decisions about how we can improve the retailer & customer experiences, while our member base & retailer base both scale..
We care about fostering a collaborative & effective culture. Equality, diversity & inclusion matter, & were committed to our people.
Our headquarters are in Chicago, & we have offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland. We prefer that you are located near one of our offices.
About the Role
- You will be responsible for managing & delivering analytics for our retail clients.
- You will apply expertise in SQL, data visualization, & marketing storytelling to demonstrate the incremental value of ShopRunner to the largest retailers in our network.
- You will collaborate with internal teams representing account management, retailer integrations, & marketing.
- You will develop & support retailer relationships by measuring incremental business outcomes.
- Analyze data about e-commerce transactions & web analytics conversions, combine it with third-party demographics & qualitative datasets, & help our retailer account leads quantify & articulate ShopRunners incremental value to senior retail executives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert about retailers' business trends by monitoring how members interact with ShopRunner products..
- Educate clients about ShopRunner measurement & product capabilities by translating complex concepts into meaningful data stories.
- Develop POVs on retailers' measurement needs & solutions, including test designs
If youre excited to dive into large & imperfect datasets, present data-driven insights to senior retail execs, & help align our products to market demands, we want to hear from you.
What were looking for
- 6+ years of experience as a data analyst in an agency or consumer-facing company
- BS or equivalent experience in a technical field like Marketing Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Experience presenting analytics results in a compelling narrative to senior client or stakeholder executives, in support of your companys value proposition.
- Proficient understanding of how event data is tracked using tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or other advertising or e-commerce event logs.
- Experience troubleshooting data pipelines & ETL workflows as an end-user.
- Experience translating between technical data questions & business implications.
- Experience making dashboards with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker) in a production environment.
- Fluent with complex SQL queries on millions of rows (joins, subqueries, window functions).
- Advanced Excel proficiency (pivot tables & lookups to summarize results)
- Confidence to share the limitations of an analysis when the data isnt perfect.
- Excited to navigate startup ambiguity & a fast-paced culture.
- Ability to programmatically clean messy datasets (data deduping, string parsing, JSON parsing).
- Experience working across multiple business functions
- Basic understanding of prediction & personalization algorithms (e.g. purchase & churn propensity models, product recommendations). This role will not build production models, but it will help to understand how those models generally operate in connection to CRM & testing initiatives.
- Experience using a scripting language like Python or R for reproducible data analysis (for example, jupyter, R notebooks)
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are & consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.