Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, enabled by the cloud, mobile & AI technologies.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
You will co-own (with Product) & drive revenue & profitability for Organic Search with defined growth targets via up-leveling the SEO content, tech, & link strategy globally. As a senior leader, you will:
- Directly manage a team of engineers, preferably SEO subject matter experts, to hit monthly, quarterly & annual revenue goals.
- Be fiercely competitive & engender a sense of urgency, creativity, & curiosity for how we continue to outperform the competition in SEO. Drive stakeholders in analytics & engineering to deliver the required data & tools to do our job effectively.
- Understand how changes in competition & the dynamic event landscape impact campaign performance, & build scalable automated solutions to stay ahead of trends.
- Respond to rapid changes in the event landscape & marketplace to capture potential performance opportunities for Organic search
- Nimbly manage & measure performance across keyword targets, but execute ad hoc strategic initiatives with your other engineering partners.
- Establish the innovation mindset & always-on experimentation including new page development, a/b test on-page optimization, schemas, etc.
- Lead engagement related to automation, tagging, & data integrity with cross functional stakeholders in Engineering & Analytics. Highlight technical pitfalls & become the driving force behind building a reliable foundation of SEO tech (e.g., structured data, schema markup) & process that will scale globally
- Set clear KPIs & drive team culture of accountability & rigor towards business impact
- Identify trends & opportunities to drive higher rankings & search coverage. In addition, conducting regular audits to evolve & advance SEO tech & content.
- Identify business opportunities & define technical vision for your team & the company
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit & mentor a team of high performing engineers
What We Look For
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
- Proven track record of building top talent & high performance orgs, directing multiple teams & engineering managers
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g. Go/React), distributed computing (e.g. Spark), public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) & data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration & delivery
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release & maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, & operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom youve guided their technical & career progress